At SlicingDice we work hard to make our documentation and API simpler and easier to understand and use. This is why we created this interactive insertion demo tool below.
You can use this tool to better understand how to insert your data on SlicingDice, or to validate if an existing JSON insertion command is valid/correct.
In order to use this tool you only need to edit and fill the spreadsheet below and an insertion command will be dynamically generated for you, based on the spreadsheet's cells and columns. If you already have a JSON insertion command and you want to validate if it is correct, paste the JSON below and the spreadsheet will automatically represent your data in a spreadsheet-like view.
Query demo tool
Check also our query demo tool to dynamically create examples of queries based on demo data.
- Use the first row of the spreadsheet for the column's name.
- Insert one entity per row and as many attribute and event columns as you want;
- For an event column, you can insert multiple events for the same entity and column, by adding a new line (
Enter) inside the same cell, as shown on the
clicksevent column below. Use this format
"New York" on 2017-05-09T12:54:12Zto define the value (
New York) and the date/time (
2017-05-09T12:54:12Z) for the event.
- For an attribute column containing a list of values, you need to insert one value per line, inside the same cell, as shown on the
visited-citiesattribute column below.
- The column's data types will be automatically identified, as described on the columns auto creation documentation.
- You can also insert new columns and rows in the spreadsheet by right-clicking it.