SlicingDice is currently the only database service in the world to offer full support for SQL and a REST API, allowing you to use a simple API to perform all functions you would normally need to do manually using our control panel or through complex SQL queries.
There are two main types of API Keys that you will use on SlicingDice:
The Team Key is an API key associated with the entire team of your account and it's automatically created when the first user of a team sign up.
The Database Key is an API key associated with an individual database created by a user (team member) using the API or Control Panel.
The API currently allows you to perform the following operations.
Using a Team Key, you can:
- Create and delete databases;
- Create and delete custom database keys;
- Create and delete users;
- Create and delete permission groups;
Using a Database Key, you can:
- Create, update and delete dimensions;
- Create, update and delete columns;
- Create, update and delete column relations;
- Insert, update and delete data for the corresponding database;
- Query data for the corresponding database;
|2. API Details, Connection & Headers|