SlicingDice consists of a fully-managed All-in-One Data Solution with 4 built-in modules, allowing users to load, store, analyze, visualize and make predictions with their data.
SlicingDice offers a a fully managed and infinitely scalable data warehouse, that can be logical or physical. You'll choose the one that will helps you better solving your data challenges:
- Physical Data Warehouse: is a SQL & API data warehouse built with a proprietary database technology called ShannonDB. It provides flexibility for storing any kind of data in a single table without needing to configure, manage, or monitor your outside databases. With this data warehouse you can enjoy all great performance provided by ShannonDB executing real-time analysis and queries using SQL or our Restful API.
- Logical Data Warehouse: it's a cloud-based, SQL & API data warehouse but built on top of a virtual analysis layer that enables users to query their external data sources directly (including physical databases on SlicingDice), rather than uploading it to ShannonDB. It allows the fastest possible analytics without having to worry about uploading,updating, or moving data.
Notice that all SlicingDice Data Warehouse capabilities can be used and controlled, as a whole, through a Control Panel or an Restful API. This way you have more versatility to operate and control your warehouse:
- Control Panel: Using SlicingDice's control panel, any user can perform every action in a friendly user interface, without using code. You can create user roles and allow other people to access the control panel, with granular options on what they can (or cannot) do in the whole platform.
- Restful API: Although SlicingDice has full SQL-92 support, it also provides you a Restful API to can execute any operations you need over your warehouse, including streaming data directly to your SlicingDice's physical databases. It also offers SDKs so you can easily use its API in different programming languages. Take a look at its API documentation and the available endpoints.
Data Loading & Transformation
SlicingDice offers a Data Loading & Transformation module that allows users to connect to their data sources, using its 150+ different connectors, and then use loading jobs to load data into SlicingDice's physical databases, manually or automatically (scheduled).
After loading data to your SlicingDice's physical databases, you can use the Data Transformation tool to define SQL statements that can transform the data stored on these databases. This way you can, for example, prepare your data to apply models using the Data Intelligence Module or use it to be able to generate better and more custom charts and dashboard on the Data Exploration & Visualization Module.
Data Exploration & Visualization
SlicingDice offers a Data Exploration & Visualization Module that any user can learn in minutes and extract insights from their data. Those insights can be shared or downloaded with a couple clicks. There are two tools to be used to enjoy all Data Exploration & Visualization capabilities provided by SlicingDice:
- Reporting & Dashboards: With this tool you can create deeply customizable reports, charts, and dashboards, which can be updated in real-time, using your data stored in SlicingDice's physical or logical databases. You can share your visualizations using a simple URL or even embed them using an iFrame code.
- Pivot Tables: This tool empowers end-users to perform data analysis without requiring SQL knowledge or the IT department. You'll be able to explore data through Pivot Tables and also create simple charts based on them. With a few clicks you can answer whatever question you need, using your data in real-time.
SlicingDice offers a Data Intelligence module, powered by BigML, which allows you to execute predictive analytics. Users can create and evaluate different learning models, without having to move data from their SlicingDice's databases.
The OptiML feature allows users with initial machine learning know-how to automatically create and evaluate every possible model and configuration to find the best fit for their predictions. As they scale in needs and proficiency, they can use WhizzML to automate ML applications to newer datasets and Fusions to create more powerful and precise models. BigML also has their own API, which can be used by SlicingDice's users.
It's also important to highlight that SlicingDice offers a built-in Data Transformation Tool that helps you to prepare your stored data as you want and already apply it to the Data Intelligence Module, so you can execute all models you need over it.